2018 is coming up and many people are focusing on creating new goals in their life. Whether it is financial, physical, or emotional, this is the time of the year when people take stock of their life to determine what they want.
While it’s important to set goals and have a clear vision for what you want to create, what’s even more important is having the right mindset and positive psychology to execute your plans. All too often when people are faced with hard times and adversity, they give up on their goals.
What many people who give up fail to realize is that it is in the journey and the struggles where you are able to truly grow and discover who you are. Overcoming obstacles and challenges is what provides us the opportunity to become a better version of ourselves.
So if you are looking to accomplish more in the New Year, here are some inspirational quotes and phrases you can read to help keep you motivated when you feel like giving up:
- Never let your head hang down. Never give up or sit down and grieve. Find another way. – Satchel Paige
- When the world says, “Give up,” Hope whispers, “Try it one more time. – Author Unknown
- The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place and I don’t care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard ya hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. – Rocky Balboa
- Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another. – Walter Elliott
- People are always blaming circumstances for what they are. I don’t believe in circumstances. The people who get ahead in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can’t find them, make them. – George Bernard Shaw
- Keep on going, and the chances are that you will stumble on something, perhaps when you are least expecting it. I never heard of anyone ever stumbling on something sitting down. – Charles F. Kettering
- Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all. – Dale Carnegie
- When someone tells you that you can’t do something, perhaps you should consider that they are only telling you what they can’t do. – Sheldon Cahoon
- Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. – Thomas Edison
- Each mistake teaches you something new about yourself. There is no failure, remember, except in no longer trying. It is the courage to continue that counts. – Chris Bradford
- In life, it’s not the genetic guy who wins or the guy with the most potential who wins, it’s the person with the greatest perseverance that wins. Always be willing to get up and go at it again and again. That’s the guy who has his hands raised later in life. That’s the guy you guys need to be. -Greg Plitt
- Most people never run far enough on their first wind to find out they’ve got a second. – William James